The spinach and cream in this recipe make it silky smooth with the spaghetti. It makes a nice change from a tomato based spaghetti dish and is very quick to make.
Cream Spinach And Spaghetti
- Slug of olive oil
- Sliver of butter
- 2 garlic gloves thinly sliced
- 1 packet of spinach - about 250gm
- 1 tablespoon Mascarpone cheese
- 2 - 3 tablespoons double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Enough Spaghetti for 2 people
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Gently heat the olive oil and butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced garlic and gently cook for approx 2 minutes (make sure they don’t brown).
- Add the packet of spinach and cook for at least 5 minutes. The spinach will wilt down a lot – you may want to cut up the leaves with some scissors as they cook.
- Add plenty of salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper to taste (the spinach needs quite a lot of salt and pepper to make it taste but don’t use too much Cayenne pepper – just a sprinkling).
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and double cream and stir until all integrated.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions.
- Mix the spinach sauce into the spaghetti and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.