These are so easy to make and lovely to eat with Chicken Cacciatore. You don’t have to out them in the oven if you don’t want to – just crush them gently, salt and pepper and they are ready to eat.
Crushed Roasted Potatoes
- Enough potatoes for 2 people
- Few glugs of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes or leave as they are and just wash thoroughly.
- Place in a saucepan of cold water and a sprinkling of salt.
- Let the pan of water come to the boil and then simmer for 20 or 25 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Place in a bowl and cut in quarters and slightly mash.
- Dribble the olive oil over carefully.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve, OR…
- Place cooked potatoes in a roasting dish.
- Dribble over olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place in a preheated oven (gas mark 7) for 25 minutes giving them a shake every 8 minutes or so.
- Serve when they’ve browned up to your liking