I’ve made this salad nearly every day for the last 18 years. That may sound very boring but it seems to go with everything – it even goes with gravy which sounds bizarre but it really does work!
It’s quick and easy to make – particularly if you buy pre-packed mixed lettuce leaves and watercress – and it’s easy to put together. Use Doe’s Salad Dressing to pour over the salad.
- 10 - 12 Pine nuts (toasted)
- Half bag pre-packed mixed lettuce/salad leaves (chopped into chunks)
- Half bag pre-packed watercress (chopped into chunks)
- 4 radishes (each one diced into 4)
- 3 small cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 spring onions (chopped finely - but not too fine)
- Chopped fresh mint (if available)
- The pine nuts can be toasted in the oven or on top of the stove in a frying pan on a low heat. Once slightly brown throw into a salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.