- 120g butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Just over one teaspoon Caraway seeds
- 170g self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Teaspoon Demerara sugar
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to gas mark 3.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar.
- Beat the eggs and mix in.
- When mixed add the Caraway seeds, flour, ground almonds and milk.
- Mix the ingredients well until you have a ‘sloppy’ mixture.
- Scrape the mixture into the greased paper lined tin and flatten top.
- Decorate with Demerara sugar and almonds
- Bake in centre of oven for an hour.
- The cake can be stored by wrapping well in some foil and placed in a cake tin.
Recipe by Doe's Kitchen at http://doeskitchen.com/seed-cake/