Fruit and Almond Clafoutis
Serves: 8 pieces
- A little oil or softened butter, for greasing
- 400g mixed cherries and blackberries
- For the batter:
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g golden caster sugar plus a little extra during the baking (approx 1 tablespoon)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Half teaspoon almond essence
- 250ml double cream
- Icing sugar and double cream for serving
- Optional - 2 tablespoons caster sugar and 2-3 tablespoons Kirsch
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Pit the cherries.
- Oil or butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed) and scatter the fruits over the base.
- Whizz all the rest of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour it over the fruits.
- Bake for 20-25 mins then sprinkle some caster sugar on top and then bake for another 5-10 mins until risen and golden.
- Once slightly cooled sprinkle icing sugar and serve with cream.
Recipe by Doe's Kitchen at http://doeskitchen.com/fruit-and-almond-clafoutis/