Spinach, Walnut And Blue Cheese Penne
- 150g penne pasta
- 100g walnuts pieces, coarsely chopped
- 200g spinach leaves
- 150g Saint Agur blue veined cheese or similar, crumbled
- 300ml Crème Fraîche
- Cook the penne pasta according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, slowly heat a frying pan or saucepan and dry-fry
the walnuts for one minute, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove the walnuts from the pan and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it, reserving four tablespoonfuls of water.
- Return the penne pasta and the reserved cooking water to the pan.
- Add the spinach to the pan.
- Cover and return to a low heat until the leaves begin to wilt.
- Thoroughly mix in the Crème Fraîche, blue cheese and walnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe by Doe's Kitchen at http://doeskitchen.com/spinach-walnut-and-blue-cheese-penne/