This week a friend said to me that she had made lemon possets with shortbread over the weekend. She found they were delicious and easy and quick to make.
So, as someone always on the lookout for easy but tasty recipes I thought I’d copy her and make the same! And she was so right – 10 minutes to make a dessert with just 3 ingredients (double cream, caster sugar and lemon juice).
You can, of course, make shortbread to go with them so that there is some crunch but you don’t have to, if you don’t have the time.
- 500ml double cream
- 150g caster sugar
- 75ml lemon juice (I added a little more juice as I wanted a more lemony taste)
- Place the cream and caster sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Lower the heat and leave to bubble for approximately 3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Reduce the heat enough to stop the mixture boiling over, then let it bubble for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and leave to settle.
- If using glasses leave to cool for a while and then pour into the glasses.
- Cover with clingwrap to prevent a skin forming.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight)before serving.
- Serve on their own with some fruit such as raspberries and blackberries and cream or with shortbread.