This is another quick summer dish. It’s full of Italian sunshine flavours and takes just under 15 minutes to make! It’s based on a recipe from Gino D’Acampo’s fantastic book Gino’s Pasta.
Spaghetti With Ricotta Cheese And Pine Nuts
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 125g ricotta cheese
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Just under quarter teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 6-7 freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 250g spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the pine nuts in a saucepan until golden brown.
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes, chives, nutmeg, basil and pine nuts in a large bowl and mix together carefully.
- Pour in the olive oil and hot water and season with salt and pepper and mix again.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and tip into the bowl with the prepared ingredients.
- Carefully break up the ricotta and add to the spaghetti dish mixing in gently.
- Serve immediately.